Wednesday 15 May 2013

MY COLLECTION: A Rare Vintage Breitling Navitimer Jupiter 2300 Iraqi Airforce

Breitling Navitimer Jupiter 2300
today I'm writing about my very rare and completely original Breitling Navitimer jupiter 2300 Iraqi airforce.

Some historical facts
During the early 1980s the Jupiter was produced for middle-eastern air forces. The Algerian Air Force version has the AAF wings, "ALGERIAN AIR FORCE" and "BREITLING NAVITIMER" on the dial. The Iraqi military version has the usual Breitling wings with a Farsi (Persian language) inscription. And a special inscription of the Iraqi airforce on the back of the case.

The Story
I have this watch in my collection with it's original booklets, signed papers, bracelet and box. this makes the watch even rarer. I know that one of its "brothers" is in the Breitling museum. The watch probably has seen some action, as it was issued to high ranked officers and fighter pilots. You can imagine that not many have been made and that even less are still around. 
When I bought the watch, the movement wasn't working. It took me over a year to find the original movement, I had it sent over from the States. I was so happy that the Swiss made ESA Y2 900231 finally could put into the watch. When i sent it to the watch maker it went in for a complete overhaul. I gave the watch maker the task to keep everything original. 

The only part I'm still looking for, is the glass. It is nearly impossible to find since not many have been made and on the inner side of the glass a flight calculator is painted. Therefore it's not possible to make a new one, so I really need the original one!! 
So if anybody finds a New Old Stock glass I would be very grateful!

Now its time for some pictures!


Another wrist shot
Dial
Back of the case
Jupiter movement (ESA Y2 900231)
Booklets


8J6YRGWQV4DR






No comments:

Post a Comment